A combination of noodles, broth and topping, ramen is loved for its wonderful depths of umami flavour. In its simplest form, ramen combines wheat noodles, a tasty base broth, a salt or soy ‘tare’, and carefully selected toppings. This enticing book shows how to make classic ramen dishes as well as irresistible twists and variations. There are beef and pork ramens – miso steak and tomato, or pork and peanut – poultry recipes such as shredded chicken and kimchi; fish dishes using fresh clams, scallops, prawns and salmon; and lots of vegetable-based ramens – teriyaki tofu, sapporo-style vegetables, and mixed mushrooms, among others.
• Quick, sustaining and delicious, ramen is low-fat and healthy, and full of deep and satisfying flavours.
• Here are traditional recipes as well as all kinds of tempting new ideas – from Shoyo Beef and Chinese Leaf, and Marinated Tofu and Egg, to Fried Chilli Chicken.
• Explore a delectable range of beef, pork, chicken, fish and seafood, and vegetable ramens.
• Instructions for making your own base stocks from chicken, pork, vegetables and seaweed.
• Advice on the different kinds of noodles, a guide to tare and other flavourings, and topping ingredients to try.
• With gorgeous pictures by William Shaw, every recipe also has a nutritional breakdown.